"If ever there was a city with a story to tell, it’s Bristol. Enveloped in the hills of South West England, it has a distinctive identity that outrivals anywhere else. Grounded in roots from centuries past, passionate locals and spirited fans have helped carve out its character ever since."
- City is a center of education, culture, research and higher education
- University of Bristol (“red-brick university”) and University of West of England
- European Green Capital 2015
- two big events connected with ecology in June: Bristol’s BIG Green Week, Festival of Nature
- Well-communicated with the rest of the world (Bristol airport)
- Multicultural community: 91 languages are spoken, 45 religions practiced (data from 2014)
- “Forum for the future” – a longtime project for making Bristol the capital of sustainability